[rt-users] Where is the message stored when resolving a ticket?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Apr 12 15:11:31 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 06:42:11PM +0100, Colin wrote:
> Hi all!
> I'm setup a RT + RTIR and I've noticed that after resolving a ticket
> there is a text area where I can write a message.
> The thing is after the ticket is closed, I want to see that message
> that was written. But  when access the  ticket I can only see the
> comments and normal responses from that ticket.
> The last message on my tickets is:
>      The RT System itself - State open changed to resolved

That message is a normal Comment in RT by default (you can switch it
to a Correspond) and it shows up in the ticket history like any other
comment or correspondence.

Since you mention RTIR, it is worth mentioning that depending on what
ticket you resolved, there are scripts to manage Status and
relationships between tickets and it may affect where the message was
recorded.  You don't say if you resolved an Incident Report, Incident
or Investigation.

-kevin