[rt-users] issues w/ outbound email to specific addresses

Sullivan, Rob rsullivan at peerlessnetwork.com
Thu Apr 14 17:57:00 EDT 2011

RT3.8.9.

We use a 3rd party to handle phone queues and do monitoring of SNMP
analysis during off hours.  When this party needs to open a ticket in
one of several different queues their monitoring software (homebrewed)
sends an email to one of several sendmail aliases which use mailgate to
create tickets.  As the emails all come from the same system they have
the same return address, noc_staff at vendornoc.com (example).  The tickets
are created perfectly fine in all queues.  However RT sends outbound
email for new tickets to the reply address only in the General queue, in
other queues no outbound messages are generated.  If I test from various
other (non-vendor) email addresses this works fine in all queues, all
correspondence is sent as expected- this is only an issue for the
messages generated by the vendor's ticketing system.  Any idea what I'm
overlooking here?
Thanks,

Rob Sullivan
Systems Engineer, Peerless Network Inc