[rt-users] User credentials change automagically

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Apr 20 10:32:45 EDT 2011

On 04/20/2011 10:20 AM, Chris Barnes wrote:
> Ok, this is bizarre.
[snip]
> Problem:
> User2 locks his computer and goes to lunch.  When he gets back from
> lunch, his RT session is somehow magically logged in as ME.
> Huh?   How could that happen?
>
> It gets even more bizarre - if he logs out of RT on his computer, the RT
> session on my computer gets logged off  ???????
>
> What's going on here?

We're talking to your coworker Joe on #rt right now about your problem.
 To summarize, we've never seen a report of this which wasn't the fault
of a caching proxy or mod_cache in Apache screwing up.  Basically
cookies get improperly cached and sent to your browser, which makes you
logged in with another user's session.

Thomas