[rt-users] can't locate XXX

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Apr 20 15:19:32 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 02:50:41PM -0400, Mike Johnson wrote:
> Now with that knowledge, I understand my config line should read
>
> Set(@Plugins,qw(
>           RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
>           RT:Extension::ExtractCustomFieldValues
> ));

That looks correct

> What I don't understand now is how @INC gets
> /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib

Because that is where RT expects plugins to live,
local/plugin/Plugin-Name/
which logically separates the code for each plugin

> I could do a hack, and get it to work with the knowledge I have built now,
> but I'm looking for the RIGHT way to do it.
>
> How do I tell get /opt/rt3/local/plugins/ExtractCustomFieldValues in @INC?

how did it end up there, that isn't the directory structure for RT
plugins.

> And providing I can do the above, the way the tgz file untar's, the .pm file
> is in that directory, so my Set @Plugins line would look like
>
> Set(@Plugins,qw(CustomFieldValues RT:Authen:ExternalAuth));

No, this is incorrect

How did you install RT-Extension-ExtractCustomFieldValues
I believe you missed a step from the README included with the
extension.

Please note, you do not ever just untar an extension into /opt/rt3
You untar it into your home or a source directory and follow the
directions in the README which will ensure that it is placed into the
proper location for RT.

-kevin