[rt-users] can't locate XXX

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Apr 20 16:05:18 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 03:51:57PM -0400, Mike Johnson wrote:
>    Ah... that opens my eyes a bit more...
>
>      > How do I tell get /opt/rt3/local/plugins/ExtractCustomFieldValues in @INC?
>
>      how did it end up there, that isn't the directory structure for RT
>      plugins.
>
>    I put it there trying to mimic how ExternalAuth worked. I've backed it out now and used the

That isn't how ExternalAuth works either, it works with a standard
make install
and would be in local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth

>    Makefile for it to place itself where it wants to.
>    It placed the ExtractCustomFieldValues.pm in
>    /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action

That's wrong.

What version of RT and the module are you running.
3.06 (newest on CPAN) and 3.8.10 install into
local/plugins/RT-Extension-ExtractCustomFieldValues
as expected.

-kevin