[rt-users] Is a time zone user preference available?

Eli Guzman eguzman at cvimellesgriot.com
Wed Apr 20 16:14:29 EDT 2011

----Original Message----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin
Falcone Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:01 PM To:
rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com Subject: Re: [rt-users] Is a time zone
user preference available?

>>> Hey Thomas,
>>>
>>> Thanks a bunch, somehow I missed that ;).
>>>
>>> Eli
>>
>> Not sure how common this issue is, but I have changed the 'About Me'
>> timezone preferences, however the change isn't reflected on the
>> interface. See images below:
>>
>> http://min.us/mDnN4uxnfqIBg#1
>
> You've neglected to say:
>
> What you set it to in About Me.
> What time you expect to see.
>
> I see something roughly 2 hours behind the current time, so assume it
> is showing in Mountain time
>
> -kevin
>
>> I had the $Timezone variable in RT_SiteConfig.pm set to the
>> following: Set($Timezone , 'US/Mountain'); but I commented this out
>> (restarted httpd services)to see if there was any change to the
>> interface, but nothing so far. Time is being synched via NTPD/system
>> clock is not currently set to UTC/and system TZ is set to Denver TZ
>> (-0700 GMT). Could I be missing something obvious here?
>>
>> Thanks for any insights!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Eli

Hey Kevin,

Yes you are correct, it is showing that it is currently set Mountain TZ
(which was what the RT_SiteConfig was set to), and I went ahead and
changed the preference under the about me section to 'Europe/London
+0100', but for some reason the change has not taken effect.

Just not sure as to why, could this perhaps be related to the database
itself? Currently MySQL should be getting TZ data from the OS itself,
but I believe I can hard-set it in the my.ini file, not sure if this is
the preferred method for RT/or to be honest if it should matter if the
DB should be set to a specific TZ.

Regards,
Eli