[rt-users] DBD::mysql version 4.002 required--this is only version 3.0007 at ./upgrade-mysql-schema.pl

20/20 Lab lab at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 22 11:24:34 EDT 2011

On 04/22/2011 3:13 AM, Pravinator wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Just need some help with the above error message (as in subject).
>
> I get that when I try to upgrade the MySQL schema. I tried manually
> installing version DBD::MySQL 4.002 (tarball) but ended up with a host of
> errors. I can't find a yum repo even to update perl-DBD-MySQL from version
> 3.0 to 4.0.
>
> What do I do? I'm just one step away from having my old DB functioning in my
> new RT but whats so close seems so far away.
>
> Thanks guys
> Pravin

have you tried the cpan install?   I ran a "cpan DBD::mysql" and it
installed fust fine on my system (ubuntu 10.04 lts server)    It looks
like 4.018 is the current (at least what it installed) and if I remember
correctly I had to have the mysql development files installed.
libmysqld-dev (I think)

Hope this helps.
Matt