[rt-users] Problems with fresh install and RTFM

Eric Stoycon estoycon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 12:15:17 EDT 2011

Greetings everyone
Pardon the length of this post.
I just finished installing a fresh copy of RT 3.8.8, working great, and I've been trying to get RTFM (2.4.3) to install. While it installs it isn't showing up in the webui.
I've checked the install logs and the only thing that stands out to me is what I have in bold below.
perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/home/rtuser
Cannot determine author info from lib/RT/FM.pm
Cannot determine license info from lib/RT/FM.pm
Using RT configuration from /home/rtuser/lib/RT.pm:
./etc   => /home/rtuser/etc/FM
./html  => /home/rtuser/html
./lib   => /home/rtuser/lib
./po    => /home/rtuser/po/FM
For first-time installation, type 'make initdb'.
Cannot determine author info from lib/RT/FM.pm
*** Module::AutoInstall version 1.03
*** Checking for Perl dependencies...
[Core Features]
- RT                ...too old. (0 < 3.004002)
- Text::WikiFormat  ...loaded. (0.79)
- Tree::Simple      ...loaded. (1.18)
- HTML::TreeBuilder ...loaded. (4.1)
- Time::ParseDate   ...loaded. (2006.0814)
- HTML::FormatText  ...loaded. (2.04)
==> Auto-install the 1 mandatory module(s) from CPAN? [y]
*** Dependencies will be installed the next time you type 'make'.
    (You may need to do that as the 'root' user.)
*** Module::AutoInstall configuration finished.
Writing Makefile for RTFM

The make install runs with out a problem. I do see however that the plugins dir is empty. I am not sure if this is an issue.
Any ideas as to why RTFM isn't showing up?

Thanks
Eric