[rt-users] Problems with fresh install and RTFM

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Apr 28 14:05:26 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 01:59:34PM -0400, Eric Stoycon wrote:
>    I did try 3.8.10 and had the same issue and since it was a fresh install I just tried an
>    earlier version to see if that was the issue.

You really shouldn't be running 3.8.8 at all, 3.8.10 is the right
thing here.

>    Here is the make install output. It asked me to supply the path to the RT.pm.
>    I see a few (unchanged) lines below I assume it is because I've run the install before?

Where are you actually installing RT and where are you untarring RTFM and
running make install from?  It appears that you're just installing
into /home/rtuser blind, not into a /home/rtuser/rt3 or
/home/rtuser/rt-3.8.10?

>    ./lib   => /home/rtuser/local/plugins/RT-FM/lib
>
>>          The make install runs with out a problem. I do see however that the plugins dir is
>>        empty. I am

Make install believes that it put code in /home/rtuser/local/plugins,
what do you see there?

-kevin