[rt-users] Error running perl etc/upgrade/vulnerable-passwords with existing RT installation

Jonah Hirsch jwh83 at nau.edu
Fri Apr 29 18:00:14 EDT 2011

I have an installation of 3.8.8 on a test machine that we're trying to
upgrade to RT 4.0.0

If I run configure with --prefix=/opt/rt3 to match the current installation
of RT, running perl etc/upgrade/vulnerable-passwords returns:

Can't locate object method "new" via package "RT::CurrentUser" at lib/RT.pm
line 481.

Running configure without that switch does not cause this issue. Moving
/opt/rt3 to /opt/rt4 and running configure without the switch *DOES* cause
the issue to occur.

Am I doing something wrong in the upgrade process? Should I just skip this
step?

Thanks for the info.