[rt-users] RT3.8 -> RT4 Callback changes - Elements/Tabs/Default

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Wed Aug 3 11:32:12 EDT 2011

Having gotten a working base RT4 install with my data in it, I'm going
through the few local changes we have and confirming that they still
work. Mostly they do, but one doesn't and I don't exactly see the "new way":

In my old Elements/Tabs/Default I modified $toptabs, to add some extra
options to the side menu:

$toptabs->{'ZZZZZX'} = { title => loc('Conferences'),
                         path => 'Extras/conferences.html'
                        };

In the new interface, it looks like Elements/Tabs/Default is now
Elements/Tabs/Privileged but that doesn't look like it takes any
parameters, so I don't see what it could modify.

So how do you modify the menus in RT 4.0.x? And I guess more generally:
is there some kind of migration guidance online somewhere for upgraders?

Thanks for any pointers,

Howie