[rt-users] Restricting to one attachment per ticket

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Wed Aug 3 20:26:06 EDT 2011

Thierry,

That would be more difficult than you might think. Each email in RT's
ticket history is represented by a transaction with one or more
attachments. For example one email may have an html part and a plain
text part, each of which is actually stored as an attachment.

You probably want to allow one "file" attachment per ticket. You may
be able to do this by counting the number of ticket transaction
attachments that have a non-null filename in the attachments table
before creating a new attachment. You would have to customize the
email gateway or email parser to do this. You could also remove the
file upload from the web interface if the ticket already has an
attachment.

Ultimately this is doable but will require some careful, custom coding.