[rt-users] two side-by-side installations

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Aug 5 08:02:41 EDT 2011

We're about to migrate RT to our own servers.  During the transition and
testing phase, we want to run 2 side-by-side installations so we can
work with 3.8.10 and 4.0.1 and see which one works for us better.

What's the best way to do this?  Debian Stable will be the underlying OS.

VM?  change paths in the config file?

I'm not very familiar with VMs in a backoffice setup.  If we go the VM
route, what's the preferred VM to use?  I use VirtualBox but that's more
of an end-user GUI type of setup.  I'm not familiar with too many of the
others.

--
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
    Albert Einstein