[rt-users] Upgrade to 4.01 MySQL questoin

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Aug 9 20:14:41 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 02:56:52PM -0700, Paul O'Rorke wrote:
>    no - actually I'm not. I guess I have to change my plan.
>
>    I had thought to import the data - spend some time setting up 4.01 as I wanted then update the
>    DB by running the import again. I guess this is not such a good idea. I'm thinking then that
>    I'll have to make careful note of the set up changes and do it all in one 'fell swoop'...

I'm curious how you were going to 'run the import again' to pick up
the 3.8.4 data, especially considering the numerous schema changes.

>    Unless there is a way to update my imported and 'patched' 4.01 DB with a 3.8.4 dump just to
>    get the most recent changes.
>
>    Does what I'm trying to do make sense?

You can't just somehow apply the new data in your 3.8.4 database to
your 4.0.1 database and rerun part of the upgrader.

You'll need to document your upgrade process and run it in one
process.

-kevin