[rt-users] RT-configuration problem.

Machiel Richards machielr at rdc.co.za
Thu Aug 11 05:19:44 EDT 2011

Good day everyone

            I am trying to install RT-3.8.7 on a Centos-5.3 machine.

            I followed the installations instructions I found on the net
and took me 2 days to get all the modules,etc... installed.

            The database have also been configured using mysql.

             When I try to connect to the login page though, I get the
following message:

You're almost there!

You appear to have installed RT's web interface correctly but not yet
configured your web server to "run" the RT server which powers the web
interface. The next step is to edit your web server's configuration file
to instruct it to use RT's fastcgi or mod_perl handler.

                    I have configured the mod_fastcgi.conf and the
perl.conf accordingly to load the relevant modules and from the
error_log I can see that the fastcgi is starting and no errors in the
logs.

                    Can anybody perhaps assist me with resolving this
issue as I have been trying to find solutions to this since yesterday
and no progress as yet.

                        Please let me know if there is any more
information I can provide as I will appreciate any assistance.

Regards
Machiel