[rt-users] Missing Menu on Left

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Aug 11 12:42:20 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 08:32:39AM -0800, James Zuelow wrote:
> I found one error, but unfortunately fixing it didn't resolve the issue.  With mod_speling enabled, and check spelling turned on this line in the code generates and error:
>
> <script type="text/javascript" src="/rt/NoAuth/RichText/ckeditor.js"></script>
>
> Generates this Apache error message:
>
> ============================
>
> Errors:
>
> Multiple Choices
> The document name you requested (/rt/NoAuth/RichText/ckeditor.js) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.
> Available documents:
>
> /rt/NoAuth/RichText/ckeditor (common basename)
>
> ============================
>
> I went looking for ckeditor.js thinking it would be an easy fix.  Editing request_tracker4/html/Elements/HeaderJavascript to correct the path (it should be /rt/NoAuth/RichText/ckeditor/ckeditor.js, at least with the Debian Wheezy package installation) doesn't seem to fix it though.

The path we request is actually correct.

The problem is that RT intentionally requests numerous things that
don't exist on disk.  We use HTML::Mason's dhandler functionality to
then dynamically serve the proper thing.

It sounds like the only solution is to add a note to
web_deployment.pod and then in a future release provide configs for
turning this and mod_cache off.

Thanks for your help in researching this.

-kevin