[rt-users] Add custom field to default search query

Lars Braeuer lb at mpexnet.de
Fri Aug 19 09:13:23 EDT 2011

Hello,

the default search form on every page only allows to search through standard fields, but not through
custom fields.

Is there any way, like hacking an (sql) query, to include just one custom field with the standard
search?

I.e. we are tracking the customer ID in one of these fields. We would like to include it in the
standard search, without having to use the advanced search feature, which takes time. It's also not
applicable to setup saved searches, as we want to remain totally dynamic.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Lars Braeuer