[rt-users] RT External Auth and uid problem

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 24 10:13:23 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:54:22AM -0300, Luciano Ernesto da Silva wrote:
>                                                           'attr_match_list'           => [
>    'Name',  'EmailAddress',  'RealName'],
>
>                                                            # The mapping of RT attributes on to
>    LDAP attributes
>
>                                                            'attr_map'                  =>  {
>    'Name' => 'uid', 'EmailAddress' => 'mail',  'RealName' => 'cn',  'ExternalAuthId' => 'uid' }
>

>    In the extension ExternalAuth I changed all  the strings "Name" for "NickName" and seems work,
>    but I still cant't create users.

Do you meant you literally replaced all occurrences of Name with
NickName in the extension?  That will never work.

If you have a non-numeric field, just fix attr_map so that Name =>
'non_numeric_ldap_field'

Also, you almost certainly don't want attr_match_list to consider
RealName to be unique.  That would mean that you can't have two users
in RT with the name Kevin Falcone since the extension will try to
resolve them to the same AD user.

-kevin