[rt-users] Incoming messages all plain text

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Aug 25 12:46:51 EDT 2011

On 08/25/2011 12:33 PM, DeVore, John wrote:
> Could rt-mailgate be converting it?  Could you explain to me the
> process that creates the ticket once the email gets into RT so I have
> a better idea where to look next?  Should RT be accepting HTML in
> incoming emails or am I expecting functionality that isn't there?

rt-mailgate doesn't touch the format of the message at all.  RT accepts
HTML mail just fine and has for a while.  Display is all that's improved
recently.

Run a query like this and send the results:

select parts.* from Attachments a join Attachments parts on
a.id=parts.Parent where
a.MessageId='<CAP5SNsEgyCSDQk6no6NpdiGy_v+=ktq1Uf8M64tcLoOpd5AENw at mail.gmail.com>'\G

If you're on Pg, replace \G with a semicolon and run \x before running
the query.

Thomas