[rt-users] How to initiate a ticket in request tracker for an external supplier

Gilbert Rebeiro gilbert at dido.ca
Fri Aug 26 10:08:21 EDT 2011

Is this too obvious?

The needs are to initiate a ticket (email) that doesn't send an
autoreply but is an email with the request showing the proper ticket
number in subject line.
This would then be sent to the organization (email address) that needs
to perform the task:
This way we can track the open task.
We can have updates populate the ticket when they reply to the email.
A RT user would be the requester in this case

Is anyone doing this?
There must be a way.

Gilbert.