[rt-users] Solved: Undefined subroutine &RT::Interface::Email::GetForwardFrom after upgrade to 4.0.2 from 4.0.1

Michael Johnson michael.johnson1888 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 10:08:46 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 07:36:16AM -0400, Michael Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody else get this error after upgrading to 4.0.2 from 4.0.1?
>
> "Undefined subroutine &RT::Interface::Email::GetForwardFrom called at /opt/rt4/share/html/Ticket/Forward.html line 115."
>
> I checked and found that the RT/Interface/Email.pm file  had not been updated in the upgrade, thus the lack of a GetForwardFrom routine.

The problem seems to have been that my bash environment had a CDPATH setting that apparently confused the library installation routine.

CDPATH=/home/admin

It looks like the installation script "cd"ed into /home/admin/lib instead of /usr/src/rt-4.0.2/lib -- I ended up with directories from /home/admin/lib in /opt/rt4/lib

"unset CDPATH" followed by a "make upgrade" fixed the problem.

--
Thanks,
 Michael