[rt-users] Upgrade or migrate to RT4?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Aug 26 12:34:19 EDT 2011

On Fri, August 26, 2011 8:39 am, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> You can install RT 4.0.2 on a new server and import your
> database and then run the database upgrade steps. Running the 3.8.4 data
> under 4.0.2 will not work. You *must* review the database upgrade steps
> documented in the README and in docs/UPGADING-3.8 and 4.0 and then
> complete all of the steps relevant to your install.

We're planning to do the same thing; I have 3.8.10 as my production system
and I have set up 4.0.2 as the new system.  Right now 4.0.2 is set up and
running but I have not imported the 3.8.10 database.

>From reading the various READMEs I have to run the upgrade script.  My
question is how do I get the 3.8.10 database data into the rt4 database?

Do I just do the mysql dump thing:

mysql -u #username# -p rt4 < rt3.dump

and then run

/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-setup-database --prompt-for-dba-password --action upgrade

Thanks.