[rt-users] mysql & sphinx

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Sun Aug 28 07:49:20 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm going to setup full text search with mysql 5.5, sphinxse 2.1 and sphinxd
0.9.9.

max_matches worries me, from docs:

"Take, for example, the instance where Sphinx is configured to return a
       maximum of three results, and tickets 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 contain the
       string "target", but only ticket 5 is in status "Open".  A search for
       "Content LIKE 'target' AND Status = 'Open'" may return no results,
       despite ticket 5 matching those criteria, as Sphinx will only return
       tickets 1, 2, and 3 as possible matches.
"

This means that sphinx will never ever return new matching tickets that are
above max_matches :-/ Would be acceptable if it use max_matches counting down
from latest one but this doc suggests it's count from first one.

I assume there is no solution for this other that use some huge number as
max_matches?

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team