[rt-users] notify colleagues about a ticket in RT web interface (not by mail)

Stefan Vollmar vollmar at nf.mpg.de
Thu Dec 1 09:17:51 EST 2011

Hi,

we have just started using RT and come across this problem: a ticket has been opened (by one of our users via a simplified web interface or internally), somebody in the support group has started working on it (she/he is now the owner) but finds that other colleagues should be involved at some stage. Now using a CC or AdminCC with the "comment" action can be used to notify the colleague that help would be appreciated with this case. However, this notification is mail-based and (in our case) some members of the support group will look at the RT web interface more often than at their mail clients - but the ticket will not show in either of their default ticket lists (it is neither "unowned", nor is it "owned" by them). Is there a recommended way to notify regular RT users (in the RT web interface) that they should look into a ticket - other than generating mail notifications for them or making them the owner of a case?

Many thanks in advance for any help with this!

Best regards,
 Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.