[rt-users] ExternalAuth Installed but not working

Ryan Backman rbackman at georgefox.edu
Thu Dec 8 19:41:43 EST 2011

I'm having a bit of trouble getting ExternalAuth  to work.  I've scoured
the archives and the net and found many suggestions, but none have made any
changes.

- I've setup logging to go to a seperate file, but all I get is a Login
Failure message in this file when I try to login:

[Thu Dec  8 23:38:32 2011] [error]: FAILED LOGIN for rbackman from
xx.xx.xx.xx (/usr/share/request-tracker3.8/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:424)

- I'm seeing correct values in the online configuration view inside RT
indicating that ExternalAuth is loaded as a Plugin and that
ExternalAuthPriority is My_LDAP.

- I can use the ldapsearch tool with the same variables on the same box
successfully

Any help is much appreciated.

Below is my configuration:

Set( @Plugins, qw(RT::Authen::ExternalAuth) );

Set ( $ExternalAuthPriority,  [ 'My_LDAP' ] );
Set ( $ExternalInfoPriority,  [ 'My_LDAP' ] );

Set($ExternalServiceUsesSSLorTLS,    0);

Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers,    0);

Set($ExternalSettings, {
        'My_LDAP' => {
                'type'                      =>  'ldap',
                'server'                    =>  'server.domain.edu',
                'user'                      =>  'CN=user,OU=admin...',
                'pass'                      =>  'pass',
                'base'                      =>  'dc=domain,...',
                'filter'                    =>
 '(&(objectClass=user)(memberOf=CN=Staff...)',
                'd_filter'                  =>  '(userAccountControl=514)',
                'tls'                       =>  0,
                'ssl_version'               =>  3,
                'net_ldap_args'             => [    version =>  3   ],
                'group'                     =>  'CN=All Users,...',
                'group_attr'                =>  'member',
                'attr_match_list'           => [        'Name',
                                                        'EmailAddress'
                                                ],
                'attr_map'                  =>  {       'Name' =>
'sAMAccountName',
                                                        'EmailAddress' =>
'mail',
                                                        'ExternalAuthId' =>