[rt-users] RT 4.0.4 - Single Value Autocomplete and Internet Explorer 8 and 9

Jim Lesinski jim.lesinski at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 15:33:17 EST 2011

I had determined that the cause of this issue is related to javascript in
/opt/rt4/local/html/Elements/EditCustomFieldAutocomplete. There is an
additional comma at the end of jQuery.autocomplete call and the browser is
expecting another parameter. You could remove the comma but I opted to add
a minLength: 1 value to make the autocomplete values pop up faster.
(Default is 3 I believe)

<input type="text" id="<% $name %>-Value" name="<% $name %>-Value"
class="CF-<%$CustomField->id%>-Edit" value="<% $Default || '' %>"/>
<script type="text/javascript">
var id = '<% $name . '-Value' %>';
id = id.replace(/:/g,'\\:');
jQuery('#' + id).autocomplete( { source:
"<%RT->Config->Get('WebPath')%>/Helpers/Autocomplete/CustomFieldValues?<%
$name . '-Value' %>", minLength: 1
}
);