[rt-users] Sphinx fulltext index v4.0.4

Poulter, Dale dale.poulter at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Dec 15 08:32:56 EST 2011

Greetings,

We are testing an upgrade to version 4.0.4 from 3.8.7.  The upgrade went fine and we are able to view, submit, edit, etc.  We also want to implement the fulltext index using sphinx.  We have compiled sphinx, added it to mysql as a plugin and successfully ran the sbin/rt-setup-fulltext-index script.  We also added:

Set( %FullTextSearch,
    Enable     => 1,
    Indexed    => 1,
    Table      => 'AttachmentsIndex',
    MaxMatches => '10000',
);

to the RT_SiteConfig.pm.  However,  Request Tracker does not seem to be searching the index.  If we search for any term that is only in the contents of the ticket and not the header we do not get any hits.  We do get hits for terms in the ticket header though.  If I search sphinx directly for a term everything works correctly.  It seems as if RT is not searching Sphinx.  Have I missed a step in the setup process?  Any assistance will be appreciated.  Thanks.

--Dale

---------------------------------------
Dale Poulter
Automation Coordinator