[rt-users] Better way to create a dialog on submit?

Mike Johnson mike.johnson at nosm.ca
Tue Dec 20 09:08:40 EST 2011

I want to be able to "catch" form submits to ask various "are you sure?"
questions to users as they do their work in RT. The only way I could think
of is inserting javascript into the various forms.

For example(this is only an example):

"Only change queue if no work is done in your area, if you need work from
another area to help complete this ticket, please create a child ticket

Are you sure you want to change queue?

Yes | No"

If I could do something like the above, I'd be able to put a fair bit more
business logic/rules into RTs hands and take it away from the users(who
tend to by-pass the rules half the time...).

Is there any better way then actually editing the code to include
javascript? I would love to have a modular way of doing it so I could
replace the functionality quickly after upgrading.

Thanks for your insight!
--
Mike Johnson
Datatel Programmer/Analyst