[rt-users] rt 4.0.4 (and possibly others) autocomplete custom field showing values from all other custom fields for non super useraccounts?

jim.h.berry at frb.gov jim.h.berry at frb.gov
Tue Dec 20 12:02:33 EST 2011

I can confirm the custom field autocomplete bug that Jim Lesinski
describes below.  RT v4.0.4, Linux, Apache.   Firefox browsers on both
Windows and Linux.

Slightly off topic: the custom field completion did not work at all (for
either user) in Internet Explorer 8.  Email completion works as expected.

-- Jim Berry

> ----- Message from Jim Lesinski <jim.lesinski at gmail.com> on Mon, 19 Dec
2011 15:07:09 -0500

> Re: [rt-users] rt 4.0.4 (and possibly others) autocomplete custom
> field showing values from all other custom fields for non super
useraccounts?

> Hello,
>
> I opened a bug for the issue I described below, but no one else has
> confirmed that their install is behaving the same way. If someone
> out there with a test install of rt 4.0.x (preferably 4.0.4) could
> try the steps outlined below I would really appreciate it. It seems
> to occur in both of my environments but I wanted to rule out my own
issues ;).

> Ok - From a clean rt 4.0.4
>
> 1. Log in as Root account
> 2. Create Queue1
> 3. Create CustomField1 as Type "Select one value" with Render Type
"Dropdown"
> 4. Add values to CustomField1
> "CF1Value1", "CF1Value2","CF1Value3", "CF1Value4"
> 5. Create CustomField2 as Type "Select one value" with Render Type
"Dropdown"
> 6. Add values to CustomField2
> "CF2Value1", "CF2Value2","CF2Value3", "CF2Value4"
> 7. Create CustomField3 as Type "Enter one value with Autocompletion"
> with Render Type "Dropdown"
> 8. Add values to CustomField3
> "CF3Value1", "CF3Value2","CF3Value3", "CF3Value4"
> 9. Assign all of these fields to Queue1
> 10. Create a Group called Group1
> 11. Grant Group1 all permissions to Queue1 on General Rights and
> Rights for Staff tab
> 12. Create a user named User1
> 13. Add User1 to Group1
> 14. Create a new ticket in Queue1 as the ROOT account and go to
> Field CustomField3, Type 'C' and you should get
> only "CF3Value1", "CF3Value2","CF3Value3", "CF3Value4"
> 15. Log out, Log back in as User1 and Create a new record in Queue1.
> In CustomField3 Type 'C' and you will see values
>                   "CF1Value1", "CF1Value2","CF1Value3", "CF1Value4"
>                   "CF2Value1", "CF2Value2","CF2Value3", "CF2Value4"
>                   "CF3Value1", "CF3Value2","CF3Value3", "CF3Value4"
>
> Which are values from all of the custom fields, not just
the autocomplete