[rt-users] Option to store attachments on the filesystem

Brent Wiese bwiese at ElementPS.com
Thu Dec 22 16:17:00 EST 2011

>Totally agree with this.  An option to store attachments on the filesystem, however, is database-agnostic, so >RT admins can select this option with MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, SQLite, etc.

What if it wasn't DB agnostic?

Does any linux/open source DB provide a "FILESTREAM" option like MS SQL? It sounds like that would be an easy solution if it existed as, to the best of my knowledge, the app doesn't need to know any different when using FILESTREAM. The DB handles the disk/DB interaction.

Brent