[rt-users] Option to store attachments on the filesystem

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Fri Dec 23 10:55:30 EST 2011

On 12/22/2011 12:43 PM, Joe Harris wrote:
> I am looking into this type of functionality as well. We were
> thinking of an NSF share in a web directory to drop the attachment
> with a way to drop a link within the ticket. So the attachments may
> not even exist on the RT server, but there will be links in the
> ticket to a web server that houses the attachment.

It'd be nice if this was the case, but the big problem with having the
web server directly serve your attachments is that suddenly you lose
_all_ access control that RT normally provides around attachments.

Even if attachments are stored on disk, they must be _served_ by RT, not
the web server directly.

Thomas