[rt-users] 3.4.2 to 4.x

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Fri Dec 23 16:23:02 EST 2011

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 00:42, Jeff Blaine <jblaine at kickflop.net> wrote:
> On 12/23/2011 3:03 PM, Izz Abdullah wrote:
>>
>> Just (within MySql):
>> create database rt4;
>> Then, from the command line, using the dump from your current mysql
>> server,
>> mysql -u<username>  -p rt4<  <name_of_sql_dump.sql>
>

> Thanks.  That will override the 'CREATE DATABASE' in
> the rt3 dump file?

mysqldump --opt xxx > xxx.dump.sql

This command doesn't add create database or other instructions to
select database. You specify database to restore dump into when you
run `mysql xxx < xxx.dump.sql`.

Note that you're using RT 3.4 on mysql 4.1 and newer, then you should
use binary charset during dumping and don't forget to upgrade mysql
schema. It's special step described in the documentation.

>>> UPGRADING.mysql, UPGRADING-3.4, UPGRADING-3.6, UPGRADING-3.8, and

--
Best regards, Ruslan.