[rt-users] 3.4.2 to 4.x

drey111 at gmail.com drey111 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 12:59:29 EST 2011

As you go down this path. I want to let you (and the list) know that we upgraded to 4.0.4 recently and Monday I set up the indexing. The initial index took hours and increased the size of the database in postgres considerably (which was fine as it's not too large). Yesterday we restarted the service and tested it and I have to say, it was incredible how fast content fulltext searching is. We have about 28000 tickets in our system and some obscure searches yielded results in seconds where before (on 3.8.7) would take a long time and make the system non-responsive in some cases.

An awesome addition to RT!!!

Only facet was in the update script I had to add the rt libs path to the script as we have a nonstandard installation path. The updates (hourly) take only seconds.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T