[rt-users] RT see attachments as winmail.dat (application/ms-tnef)

Nicolas GUIOT nicolas.guiot at risc-group.com
Thu Dec 29 04:02:26 EST 2011

Hi All,

Since we changed our email provider, every attachment sent from Outlook arrives on RT (3.8.8-7+squeeze1) listed as winmail.dat.

I've read somewhere that I could use "ytnef" to pipe the email before sending it to RT, but it doesn't exist in debian squeeze anymore, and there is no update on Sourceforge since 2004 : Is there something else that replace it ?

On a side note, if you could help me understand/better setup :
-people sending their email from Outlook : attachment is listed in RT as winmail.dat, AdminCC who use Outlook do  receive the creation email, AdminCC using something else don't.
- people sending their email from another email-client : everyone receives the ticket creation, attachment is correctly registered in RT.

Thank you in advance
Nicolas GUIOT