[rt-users] Changing passwords/accessing preferences as a normal user

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 2 21:07:38 EST 2011

On 02 Feb 2011 20:15, Tyler Morgan wrote:
> How do I allow RT users to change their own passwords?
>
> I search the wiki for "change password" and get this page:
>
> http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/ManualUsingWebInterface which seems
> promising at "Changing your own user information", but this is either
> out of date or wrong or requires other things or something in addition
> to the information provided.
>
> I don't have a "Preferences" link along the left as a normal user.
>
> I have a "Preferences" link as root. I can't figure out how to give
> normal users permissions to edit their own settings... which just
> strikes me as silly.
>
> How do I let normal users change all these settings for themselves?

You likely want to grant Privileged users the global right ModifySelf.
This question was last answered on the list three weeks ago, and it and
many other answers to your question pops up when you search the mailing
list for "change password".

If you found the documentation or the wiki less than enlightening about
this topic, please submit a patch that improves the documentation or
update the wiki.  As a start, adding a note to the section of the wiki
you found above would be great.

Thomas