[rt-users] Creating a quick comment box

Slicer085 slicer at onthenet.com.au
Sun Feb 6 21:18:31 EST 2011

Hi all,

I would like to create a comment box to submit quick comments in tickets you
I am browsing.

How can I make it submit the text as comment by default.  I am missing
something from my code.  New to Perl etc.

RT Says: Update type was neither correspondence nor comment. Update not
recorded.

/opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Display.html

%#QUICK COMMENTS BOX START
<& /Elements/TitleBoxStart, title => loc("Quick Comment on Ticket #[_1]",
$TicketObj->Id) &>

<FORM ACTION="Update.html" NAME="TicketUpdate"
        METHOD=POST enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input type="hidden" name="Action" value="Comment">
<input type="hidden" name="id" value="<% $TicketObj->Id %>">

<textarea class="messagebox" COLS=72 ROWS=5 WRAP=HARD NAME="UpdateContent">
</textarea>

<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT NAME="SubmitTicket" VALUE='Update Ticket'>

</FORM>
<& /Elements/TitleBoxEnd &>
%#QUICK COMMENTS BOX END

Thanks, Leigh