[rt-users] Creating a ticket whose content is "foo"

Wolfram Huettermann wolfram.huettermann at desy.de
Wed Feb 9 08:43:32 EST 2011

Hello,

I think this is a stupid question that I ask you old-timers in RT. I
intend to create a ticket in the queue test and the content is "foo" in
shell, not in MASON.
Here is the code snippet:

my $CurrentUser = GetCurrentUser();
use RT::Tickets;
my $Ticket = RT::Ticket->new($CurrentUser);
my %TicketInput =
(
   "Subject" => "The new ticket today",
   "Queue" => "testq-noc", # an existing one on your RT
   "Owner" => "root",
   "Requestor" => "max\@mustermann.de", # an existing  one on your  RT
   "Content" => "foo",
   "Status" => "new",
 );

$Ticket->Create(%TicketInput);

The ticket will be created, but its content remains empty if you look in
the module Ticket/Display.html. Nevertheless, I want to create a ticket
whose content is supposed to be "foo". I cannot use the function
CreateTicket, as it only works on RT-MASON, but not on bash.

Greetings,

Wolfram Hüttermann