[rt-users] Queue-specific message box contents

Brian P. Bilbrey bbilbrey at dynaxys.com
Wed Feb 9 08:50:35 EST 2011

My goal: I've got a change management queue. When I create a new ticket in the
web interface for this queue, I want the MessageBox (comment) field
pre-populated with text headers like these:

"""

Implementation Method:

Reversion Method:

Anticipated Downtime:

Risks:

"""

This helps ticket creators (including myself) to keep in mind all the things we
should be considering for every CM event.

But I only want this text to show up when I click on the New Ticket In
ChangeMgmt button in the web interface. Not for comments, or for any other queues.

I've spent a fair bit of time with Google trying to find references to managing
the message box using a user-defined condition scrip, and have had no luck - the
links for custom scrips from RT-users mostly refer to managing email templates.

In an ideal world, I'd be able to say "Use this template to populate the comment
field on ticket creation for this queue." But I don't see how to do that.

Does anyone have any guidance for me?

Thanks,

.brian

--
Brian Bilbrey : Dynaxys LLC : UNIX Systems : 301.622.0900 x364