[rt-users] Making New RT Install accessible from example.com/rt when example.com/ hosts another website

Mark Lewis markl at intellifuel.com
Tue Feb 15 12:03:27 EST 2011

I have been attempting to get RT installed and working to demo here at work. It looks like a great program, and I thought that I understood what needs to be done in order to get it working.

However, all of my attempts have failed.

I’ve successfully installed the RT files and made it all the way through the install guide I found here: http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/ManualInstallation

Up to the RT_SiteConfig.pm part. Below is my RT_SiteConfig.pm file, the snippet from httpd.conf (I’ve tried so many different things I’m sure what is there now is just garbage, but I’m so aggravated I can’t go through that file right now) relevant to RT, and the perl.conf file that I really don’t know if it’s correct or not…

RT was installed to: /var/www/htdocs/base/bin/rt/
The other website hosted here lives at: /var/www/htdocs/
I need RT accessible at: http://www.example.com/rt

RT_SiteConfig.pm
# Any configuration directives you include  here will override
# RT's default configuration file, RT_Config.pm
#
# To include a directive here, just copy the equivalent statement
# from RT_Config.pm and change the value. We've included a single
# sample value below.
#
# This file is actually a perl module, so you can include valid
# perl code, as well.
#
# The converse is also true, if this file isn't valid perl, you're
# going to run into trouble. To check your SiteConfig file, use
# this comamnd:
#
#   perl -c /path/to/your/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm

#Set( $rtname, 'example.com');
#Set(@Plugins,(qw(Extension::QuickDelete RT::FM)));

Set($DatabaseUser , 'root');
Set($DatabasePassword , ‘password’);

#$CorrespondAddress = 'RT::CorrespondAddress.not.set';
#$CommentAddress = 'RT::CommentAddress.not.set';

Set($MailCommand , 'sendmailpipe');
Set($SendmailArguments , "-oi -t");
Set($SendmailPath , "/usr/sbin/sendmail");

Set($UseFriendlyToLine , 0);
Set($WebPath , "/base/bin/rt");
#Set($WebURL = '$WebBaseURL . $WebPath . "/"');
Set($Timezone , 'US/Eastern');

1;

Httpd.conf
<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin user at domain.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/htdocs/base
    ServerName www.example.net
    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/access_log combined

        <Directory "/var/www/htdocs/base/bin/rt">
                Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Any help is greatly appreciated – I’m not new to *nix, nor am I new to computers, but this one just has me dumbfounded.

Thanks, I look forward to getting to use RT!

Mark Lewis

Intellifuel Systems, Inc.

1431 Chaffee Dr. Suite 6 | Titusville, FL 32780

office: 321-264-8707 x 241 | fax: 321-264-8709

markl at intellifuel.com

[cid:image1931e7.JPG at 41086372.43982dc3]

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.

Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material as well as all copies.