[rt-users] Stripping copied parts of email before saving as comment or reply

Paul D. O'Rorke paul at paulororke.net
Wed Feb 16 08:56:55 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm running 3.8.4. We use RT to track software bugs that go to a software development team.

I want to stick with RT (getting pressure to change) because once proven we wish to expand it's scope to include customer support request tracking. Much of what I want in a customer support ticket should never make it's way into a bug report. The biggest issue I have with using RT for the customer support is the history that is in each email making the tickets large and unwieldy. This appears to be addressed with the proposed extension I found referred to in the email below. I found this while searching the mailing list archives.

I'd rather try this now than wait for 4.0 because unless I can show RT effectively doing what we want the decision will be taken out of my hands and we'll get lumped with some proprietary cr@? I cannot simply trim the emails, this has to work with email message/reply.

So is it possible to get the trim/hide extension below or is it already available and I'm just missing it?

Regards

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 10:41:59AM -0800, Laura Grella wrote:

>> If you want to see the core version, it is now live on
>> issues.bestpractical.com. The plugin for 3.8 will hopefully get
>> released this week, but we're busy trying to release lots of things.
>

> Thanks - I've never installed an extension for RT. Would be able to point me
> the right direction for instructions? I rather install it for 3.8 than wait
> for 4.0.
« [ hide part of quote ]
« [ hide part of quote ] You should read the README once the extension has been released. It
covers installation of plugins.

-kevin

> > We have an extension to do this that we're working to get released.
> > (And it's already built in to 4.0)

Paul O'Rorke

paul at paulororke.net
Home .: +1 (250) 483 1456