[rt-users] RT Intergration with Vendor ticketing?

Mark Farver mfarver at mindbent.org
Mon Feb 21 16:59:22 EST 2011

Anyone have a good solution for managing vendor tickets alongside my
internal tickets?  This is very custom, I know, but I'm wondering if
anyone has experiences to share.

Basically many of my tickets end up requiring contacting a vendor for
support, or the datacenter remote hands support teams.  Both of those
have their own ticket systems, and usually I can at least get updates
to those tickets via email, though I often can't submit or comment on
them them via email.

One idea is just have an email address where those vendor updates go,
and a thin script on that email address that searches for the vendor
ticket number on one of my tickets (custom field?) and attaches the
email to that ticket.  Not sure.. it feels like this should be a
solved problem.

Mark Farver