[rt-users] search by CommentedOnBy?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Feb 22 13:17:07 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 01:10:00PM -0500, Chris Hall wrote:
>    Sorry for the ignorance here, but I'm trying to muddle my way through this. I've installed
>    DBIx::SearchBuilder via cpan and I've made a copy of the Results.html found in
>    /opt/rt3/share/html/Search, and called it Results_custom.html. I've put the following code in:
>    use DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle;
>    my $handle = DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle->new();
>    $handle->Connect(
>    Driver => 'mysql',
>    Database => 'rt3',
>    Host => 'localhost',
>    User => 'rt_user',
>    Password => 'abcd1234'
>    );
>    my ($title, $ticketcount);
>    $session{'i'}++;
>    $session{'tickets'} = RT::Tickets->new($session{'CurrentUser'}) ;
>    $session{'tickets'}->$handle->FetchResult("select
>    Transactions.id,ObjectType,ObjectId,Type,Transactions.Created,Name,EmailAddress from
>    Transactions inner join Users on Users.id=Transactions.Creator where ObjectType='RT::Ticket'
>    and Type='Comment' and Transactions.Created>='2011-02-04 01:00:00' and
>    Transactions.Created<='2011-02-07 23:59:00';");
>    in place of:
>    my ($title, $ticketcount);
>    $session{'i'}++;
>    $session{'tickets'} = RT::Tickets->new($session{'CurrentUser'}) ;
>    $session{'tickets'}->FromSQL($Query) if ($Query);
>    to try to force a query, but it seems to return no results. I can't seem to find a place to
>    troubleshoot this from, so it's kinda like shooting in the dark. I was hoping maybe somebody
>    could give me a little insight as to where I'm mis-stepping. Again, sorry about all the
>    trouble and questions about this.

This seems the wrong way to go about it.  Also, DBIx::SearchBuilder is
required for RT, so I'd assume you have it installed already.

I'd build a portlet in local/html/Elements that makes an RT::Tickets
object (which is a DBIx::SearchBuilder object) and calls Limit to
build the queries you want and then passes the result to
CollectionList.

You can add that portlet to your HomepageComponents and add it to your
front page like any other search once you get there.

You may want to take apart the other portlets in HomepageCOmponents to
get an idea of what is going on.

-kevin