[rt-users] RT-3.8.9 upgrade problem with Rules.

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Wed Feb 23 18:45:49 EST 2011

On 02/23/2011 06:29 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 06:26:58PM -0500, Jason A. Smith wrote:
>> I recently tried to update our RT server to 3.8.9, but had a problem
>> that I suspect may have something to do with this item from the
>> changelog:
>>
>> * Include Rules with Scrips when previewing recipients
>>
>> When using the web interface and clicking on the reply or comment
>> links, I just get a single error message:
>>
>> RT::Transaction::Rules Unimplemented in HTML::Mason::Commands.
>> (/usr/share/rt3/html/Ticket/Elements/PreviewScrips line 88)
>

> Do you get a full stack trace?

Nope, only that single line.  I also checked the system and apache logs
and even tried turning on debugging, but didn't see any additional info
related to this error.

> Did you clear out the mason cache?

I thought restarting apache did this, but to be sure, I just tried again
and immediately after the restart I did verify that it was empty:

# ls -l /var/cache/rt3/mason_data/obj/
total 0

> What do you have in the way of local customizations?

It is mostly a stock RT installation, with several plugins installed:

Set(@Plugins, qw(RTx::BecomeUser RT::Extension::MergeUsers
RT::Extension::PriorityAsString RT::Extension::MandatorySubject
RT::Extension::CommandByMail RTx::EmailCompletion RTx::RightsMatrix
RTx::Calendar RT::Extension::ActivityReports RT::Extension::Timeline
RTx::From RTx::S3Invoker RT::Extension::MobileUI));

I just tried commenting out the above line in my RT_SiteConfig.pm and
got the same error.  Other than that, we just have a few small patches
to do some minor things like adjust some of the form box sizes and such.

Thanks,
~Jason