[rt-users] Sample for RTFM::Extension::ArticleTemplates using inside a template ?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 24 17:25:04 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 10:31:28PM +0100, Daniel Schwager wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we added our company signature (queue based) to
> 3 (Correspondence, Autoreply and Resolve) templates.
>
> Is it possible to move the 3 times duplicated signature code to
> a RTFM article and include this article in my templates, like
>
>   { $Transaction->GetRTFMArticle(3) }
>
> So, the maintenance will be easier...
>
> I installed the RTFM::Extension::ArticleTemplates but cannot find
> any sample how to use it ..

From the docs:

When this extension is installed RTFM parses content of articles as a
template using L<Text::Template> module. Using this extension you can
make your articles dynamic. L<Text::Template> module is used to parse
RT's Templates as well and its syntax is pretty simple - you can
consult RT docs/wiki or module's documentation.

So, it makes RTFM articles use the {} syntax like RT's Templates.
You can read more about them in docs/templates.pod

It does not let you dynamically load an article from a Template, you
could do that without the extension just by writing code in normal RT
Templates.

-kevin