[rt-users] RTx::EmailCompletion adding name/other fields to pop down display

Giuseppe Sollazzo gsollazz at sgul.ac.uk
Fri Feb 25 06:17:02 EST 2011

Hi all,
we've been using RTx::EmailCompletion for a while very successfully.
This is an extension that allows the user to see a pop down display of
e-mail addresses upon insertion of a minimum number of characters.

The search is made on a number of parameters you can specify (in our
case, e-mail and cn from our directory). However, only the e-mail
address is displayed, whereas we would like to show something more,
let's say part of the cn or other data.

Has anyone done something similar?

I've found on the cpan page that the customisation can be done in
- html/NoAuth/js/emailcompletion.js
- lib/RTx/EmailCompletion.pm

but it's not totally clear to me how - I'm not too much into JS. Can
anyone help?

Cheers,

____________________________________

Giuseppe Sollazzo