[rt-users] single sign-on

Jonathan Salomon jonathan at panayainc.com
Mon Jan 3 08:19:56 EST 2011

Hi all,

I'd like to ask you for some advice on how to achieve SSO with RT 3.8.2, so my users won't have to enter their credentials each time they want to open a ticket through the web interface. I see ExternalAuth which I am already using for authentication against our AD, can do this but through a cookie. Since we don't have a company portal or something like that, we do not have a cookie set already. Therefore ideally I'd like to get the credentials from the Windows session. I came across this link (http://blank.org/memory/output/rt-ad-sso.html) that seems to do what I want but I see it's a bit dated. Does anyone know if this is still relevant and if it's possible to integrate this with ExternalAuth? Are there any other approaches?

I would be grateful if anyone could spare some tips.

Thanks!
Jonathan