[rt-users] single sign-on

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Jan 3 11:45:55 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 05:19:56AM -0800, Jonathan Salomon wrote:

>    I'd like to ask you for some advice on how to achieve SSO with RT 3.8.2, so my users won't
>    have to enter their credentials each time they want to open a ticket through the web
>    interface. I see ExternalAuth which I am already using for authentication against our AD, can
>    do this but through a cookie. Since we don't have a company portal or something like that, we
>    do not have a cookie set already. Therefore ideally I'd like to get the credentials from the
>    Windows session. I came across this link ([1]http://blank.org/memory/output/rt-ad-sso.html)
>    that seems to do what I want but I see it's a bit dated. Does anyone know if this is still
>    relevant and if it's possible to integrate this with ExternalAuth? Are there any other
>    approaches?

You're looking for the mod_auth_kerb extension for apache.
It will auto-sign users into RT

By default, they'll be Unprivileged and will see the RT SelfService UI
(go to http://your.rt/SelfService/ to get an idea of what it looks
like) which is a very stripped down RT UI that will both let your
users create tickets and monitor their resolved and open tickets.

-kevin