[rt-users] Best way to upgrade production RT

John BORIS jboris at adphila.org
Tue Jan 4 16:38:28 EST 2011

I am currently running RT 3.6.6. I want to go to the newest release.  I
am setting up another Virtual machine to run through this upgrade so I
can do this swap overnight and keep the system available to my users. I
plan to install and get working the latest version of RT and then load
in the data from the old system. Or is it better to build a 3.6.6 system
and then upgrade that one to the latest version. I have  a lot of info
in the 3.6.6 version.

I guess my first question is how would be the best way to get from
3.6.6 to the latest release in the least amount of downtime? I just
don't want to try to upgrade the production machine and find out that it
will take me a few days of work to get it back to speed.

any pointers will be appreciated even those that pont me to RTFM a
bit.

TIA

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"