[rt-users] Fwd: Fw: [ Hewitt & May #176] Test Ticket - #1 from yahoo mail box

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jan 4 17:17:42 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 10:09:05PM +0000, Naresh Maharaj wrote:
> Dear All
>
> We have found in issue in RT that causes us great concern.
>
> Below is a ticket which has a Comment followed by a Correspondence
>
> The problem is when we reply to a ticket (I assume this creates a
> correspondence) the customer also sees the Comment in the reply.
>
> The example below has a Comment "Customer is complete nobhead."
>
> The Correspondence has a reply of "This ticket has now been closed."
>
> In the exact email below the customer / requester contactnkm at yahoo.com would
> have definitely seen the bizarre internal comment.
>
> I was under the impression that this could never happen as comments were for
> internal use and never seen by the Requester.

This looks like you quoted a comment in a reply
RT will not send comments to requestors unless misconfigured to do so,
but nothing stops you from taking a screenshot of a comment and
sending it to a requestor or quoting a comment when corresponding with
RT.

You may have misconfigured RT to cause outbound comments to have a
correspond address in it, but since you don't provide nearly enough
data, we can't know what you did.

-kevin