[rt-users] Backing up RT

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 17:56:19 EST 2011

--- On Tue, 1/4/11, Andy Graybeal <andy.graybeal at casanueva.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
> I need a recommendation for backing up RT.
>
> I am planning on using a cron job to run mysqldump to dump
> the db, then rsync the db and /etc/ conf files to a host
> that runs a backup job every night to tape.
>
> What do you guys do?

I run a nightly dump as root:

mysqldump --opt rt3 -u root -p > rt3.sql
  (assuming the root user can perform that dump)

Then scp the file to another system.

Since the rest of the system doesn't change much, I don't bother with much of anything else.  I have a snapshot of the whole system (my RTs are VMs under VirtualBox, so they're easy to backup (single file)).